Monday, June 07, 2004

I went to the initial Youth Science Institute meeting on friday and indicated my willingness to work as much as possible. Hopefully I can make some extra money. An old friend of mine is also teaching there this summer, but not at the same park. It looks like I'm going to be teaching about dinosaurs for a couple of weeks in July. I'd better brush up on my dinosaur knowledge, since I've probably forgotten most of the stuff I knew as a kid (dinosaurs were one of my first loves). Of course, there have been lots of new discoveries since then as well.

It's going to be a rush getting to the museum on time after teaching camp, but once I'm home from the museum I don't have to go out again until morning. Ha!

We threw a party for The Dickens at a park today, with cake, partially melted ice cream, presents, and more presents. I don't think that she has had time to get to everything yet, but the bubble shooter and the pez were early hits. Willow was very disappointed that the huge beach ball nearby belonged to somebody else. The Dickens, after tearing open presents, ran around the park calling hapless park visitors "poopoo heads". To her credit, she was nice to some people, and even shared her bubble shooter.

I could write more, but I'm tired. I'm doing three routes all week this week as well, keeping in mind that there are only 14 more delivery days...

cds I listened to while not seeing any owls: Sally Doherty and the Sumacs "Black is the Colour", Calexico "Feast of Wire", In Gowan Ring "Hazel Steps through a Weathered Home", Trees "The Garden of Jane Delawney", Finntroll "Trollhammaren", and Sol Invictus "Sol Veritas Lux"

No comments: