Friday, January 16, 2004

For some reason, the air smelled nice tonight, reminding me of childhood. The fog that I've been enjoying the last few nights has lifted, and is hovering high enough off the ground to gain the status of cloud. The smell of fog still lingers, and is mixed with the faint scent of blooming flowers. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is that blooms in January.

I go back to Hidden Villa in the morning, to lead a farm tour. Afterwards, I plan to take Lexy for a hike. Just the two of us, since I think that all of the kids need more one-on-one time. This is really hard to do with four small children who all cling to us like limpets along the waterline of a freighter. Maybe if Jen and I cloned ourselves so that each of the kids had an assigned parent. Yeah, right. They'd all fixate on one. Most likely Jen. She's just the sort of person that people like to be around. I know I do.

cds I listened to while breathing in the night: Current Ninety Three "A Little Menstrual Night Music" and "Hypnagogue", Nurse With Wound "Chance Meeting of a Defective Tape Machine and a Migraine", Backworld "The Orchids", Dead Raven Choir/Furisuba/Timothy the Revelator "s/t", Skyclad "Live at the Dynamo", and Pantaleimon "Change My World"

No comments: