Tuesday, January 13, 2004

The fog rolled in at about 1:00 am tonight, making boring old Silicon Valley appear a bit more interesting by obscuring just how mundane it really is. I love it when it gets so foggy that you can only see ten feet or so in front of the car. It should happen more often.

It was shortly thereafter that I discovered that my train of thought has at least one prescient passenger. I was thinking about the Tintin DVD box set I got for the boys, and how the voice actor who plays Captain Haddock on the movie sounds a bit like Tom Waits at his gargliest. I proceeded to sing a Tom Waits song (Clap Hands) in my best Captain Haddock voice - "Sane sane we're all insane...". Then the cd I was listening to ended, and I put in the next one, without looking to see what it was. Of course, the first song on it was a cover version of "Clap Hands", which I had forgotten was on the cd. Strange coincidence.

cds I listened to while wandering around in the fog: Patti Smith "Land" disc 2, The Gathering "Monsters", Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds "Nocturama", OP8 "Slush", and Eric Mcfadden "The Un-official Non-Japanese Import of the Not So Secret Northwest Club Shows"

No comments: