Friday, January 23, 2004

Another week has blurred by. The weather has been cool and sunny for the last couple of days, and I find myself looking forward to the next rainstorm.

I've been juggling employment ideas around in my head again, since new rumors have surfaced about the possible demise of my nocturnal livelihood. The monolithic distribution system of the local paper has been gobbling up every other publication over the last year or two. There's no way I'd work for them though, since it would mean working seven days a week and delivering eighty seven different publications (okay, I pulled that number out of my hat, but you get the idea...). Our little group of carriers is pretty much the last holdout. It will be strange not working at night, if that indeed happens. I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time with Jen in the evenings, instead of having to leave just as she's getting the kids to sleep (although it's rare that all of them are asleep at once - I think they believe that somebody always has to be awake in order to stand guard against the possibility of silence). We'll see what happens, won't we?

cds I listened to while wondering what else I could be doing: Calexico "Feast of Wire", Urna "Hodood", Culper Ring "355", Bug Guts "Big Bowl of Warm Fur", and Low "Trust"

No comments: