Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Okay, I'm ready for autumn. I'm ready to stop sweating. I'm ready for our back yard to turn green again. I'm ready for change. If the weather stays the same for too long it gets boring. That said, I'm glad we had a thunderstorm a couple of nights ago, even if it didn't rain much. The only problem is that the temperature didn't drop. Not enough of a change.

I still don't have my car back. They say that it should be ready tomorrow, although none of their previous estimates have been anywhere near to being correct. I'm feeling irritated at all of this extra expense, and all of this additional waiting. I hate being dependant on other people to fix things for me. That's a problem faced by most of us. We're dependant on tools, whether they be cars, computers, or jackhammers, that we wouldn't be able to fix ourselves if our lives depended on it. We're a long, long way away from being self-sufficient. It's a good thing we have credit cards. Mine will be taking a lot of abuse this week.

cds I listened to while muttering under my breath about my bank account: Kathleen Yearwood "Little Misery Birds" and "Dog Logic", John Zorn "Filmworks II" and "Bar Kokhba", and The Third and the Mortal "Nightswan"

No comments: