Friday, August 08, 2003

I almost forgot to mention that I took a small side trip away from vegetarianism earlier today. When people ask about my dining habits, I always tell them that I won't eat anything with a spine, which means, of course, that invertebrates still get the green light for ingestion. Especially when they're covered in one of my favorite foods - chocolate! I got this delicacy from one of the other YSI teachers, who must have overestimated the number of chocolate covered crickets she needed for her group. I couldn't really taste the cricket. I'm not sure if this is because crickets are bland, or because the chocolate coating masks their taste. I could experience the cricket texturally though. It's sort of crunchy, but not like rice crispies - more like celery that's been left out overnight. Yum!

No comments: