Thursday, August 21, 2003

It is cloudy today and the air is still, as if expecting a storm. Jen is out buying shoes for Lexy, and just called to say that it is raining where she is. I can smell it in the air here, but can't see it yet. We could do with a good rain... Okay, now it has officially started. I can hear it pattering against the the roof and the walk outside. It's actually raining pretty hard, especially for late August. I'm sure it won't last long though. In fact, it's already slowing down. Just a little cloudburst. We'll really have to get the van's weatherstripping fixed, won't we?

The Dickens has just wandered in, and is visiting with the new King snake, who has crawled out from under his usual lurking spot beneath the water bowl, and is looking for mice. There are no mice at the moment because the pet store around the corner inexplicably closed at noon yesterday. I'll have to go later today.

cds I listened to while taking my time: Dar Williams "Mortal City", "The End of Summer", "Green World", and "The Christians and the Pagans", Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle "One From the Heart" soundtrack, Cry Cry Cry "s/t", and Windy & Carl/Amp "s/t" split cd

No comments: