Tuesday, August 27, 2002

We had no less than three mail trucks on our block today. It must have been some sort of mailman relay race or something, because we got mail for three different addresses. I wonder how many different people got our mail? They should remember that life is a journey, not a race, and that getting to the finish line first is not necessarily a good thing. This anarchy amongst our mail carriers will be short lived, hopefully.
Looking north as I left for work, I saw Venus. The atmosphere's nocturnal moisture made her soft around the edges, like a meditating firefly off in the mist. Later, while driving around in Sunnyvale, I saw that the moon was displeased. Or so it seemed. The condensation trail from a high-flying jet crossed underneath the moon, which caused it to stand out in stark relief, like a peevishly canted mouth. It was a strange sight.

These are the kinds of things I notice.

Speaking of work, most of my co-workers know what I mean when I say, "waiting for the stop sign to turn green". I haven't had this problem lately, but in the past there were nights when I was either tired or distracted enough that I would roll to a halt at a stop sign and sit there for minutes, until I realized that it was not a stop light, and wasn't going to change colors on me. At least one person I know has fallen completely asleep at a stop sign, only to be awakened by a cop.

Cds I listened to while not stopping at stop signs: Goblin "The Fantastic Journey of Goblin", Agnes Buen Garnas/Knut Buen "Stev og Slatt", Agolloch "The Mantle", Islandica "Songs & Dances from Iceland", and Celtic Frost "Parched with Thirst am I, and Dying"

Now: Osso Exotico "Musica #1" and the crickets the frog hasn't eaten yet.

No comments: