Thursday, August 01, 2002

I got pulled over while doing my delivery job earlier tonight. The cop told me I hadn't stopped for a stop sign (I hadn't even slowed down) and had made an illegal u-turn. She didn't mention speeding. I'd been doing that too. Once I told her what I was doing, she said, "that makes sense," and let me go. No ticket. I like my job.
I had been listening to Comus, who make me drive too fast. Certain types of music aren't conducive to the obedience of laws. Comus is definitely on this list. I like Comus.
Earlier in the evening, I ran into (almost literally) an old roomate at a vile, security-gated dot-commie apartment complex I deliver to. The last time I'd seen this person he'd been a man. Now she's well on her way towards being a woman. She was in the process of moving out, and in the process of growing breasts. We talked about the economy for awhile.

cds listened to tonight: Vasen "spirit", Shirley Collins "Adieu to Old England", Wien Modern II "Hommage a Andrei Tarkovsky", and Contrastate "I" oh yes, and Comus "First Utterance"

No comments: