Tuesday, August 13, 2002

It's been disgustingly hazy around the San Francisco bay area for the last few days. It looks like somebody took a giant pencil eraser and started rubbing it across the skyline. The hills have a ghostlike, indistinct look to them, causing them to blend with the whitish sky. We're breathing this in, and while it causes the skyline to look whitish, I'm sure it's causing our lungs to look blackish. Or maybe it's causing our insides to look lumpish. Or our plants to look brownish.
We're thinking about moving someday to a place where the horizon remains distinct, all year round, except when it rains. After the rain is about the only time it looks nice around here, but that's only because the rain washes all the crap out of the air and into our reservoirs, our soil, and our pools. We need some basic cleanliness around here. Not a bunch of corporations all pointing fingers and screaming, "it's not my fault," or, "you MADE me do it!!" Save the blame. We're not interested. Just clean up your mess. We expect this from our kids, not our companies. How naive we are.

I finally figured out what I want inscribed on my wedding ring.

to the tune of: English Folk Collection. I'll bet you all think I'm an old folkie by now.

No comments: