Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Knick-Knacks

This is the last week of camp for the year, and so far it has been a chilly one, with ice on windshields and clouds of breath surrounding our faces as we walk. I have to wake up three kids each night this week in the interest of keeping their beds dry, which is more than the average for the school year so far. It has actually been a pretty easy year, as far as wake-up calls are concerned.

One night down, three more to go. Jeanine and I both have mild colds.

Casting about for something inside to photograph, my eyes alighted upon our strange knick-knack shelves up near the ceiling in the kitchen. It's a true marriage of items from our separate pasts, and they fit well together. Whimsy dictated that I do some extreme monkeying with the contrast, making the resulting photo resemble a panel from an unsettling graphic novel.


Inspired by my friend Otter's great photos, I've got my eyes on some photo software. Otter showed me a program called Lightroom, which looks interesting. For some reason, I always dilly-dally when it comes to making these types of purchases though. I want to get some music software too. Will I? I'm not altogether sure. I probably need a new laptop first. Mine is getting cranky. Jeanine suggests that I just use Willow's laptop, since last Christmas Willow got two; one from her mom and one from me. I don't think she has touched the one I got her in months, preferring to immerse herself in her iPod and iPad.

No comments: