Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pond

Over the Summer, the County Parks people started the process of fixing the pond near camp. By the end of summer, the pond was nearly drained. Now that the school year is well underway and I'm working nights, I don't get down to the pond much. Last night, my friend and co-worker, Jellyfish, told me I should go look at it, so this morning I went down there and took a few pictures. The pond is in the process of being dredged, and the muck is being dumped up in the chaparral somewhere. Once the dredging is complete, the cracks in the cement can be fixed. On the one hand, it's a shame that one of our teaching areas is out of commission, but on the other hand, this process has eradicated some of the invasive species that called the pond home, which in the long run will be a good thing.




On the way to the pond, deer calmly stared at me and indignant quail burst into the air as I approached.


No comments: