Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ghostly Easy Listening

Last night, around 4:00 AM, I wandered outside (okay, I actually went out so I could wake up a kid so he could use the restroom - as opposed to using his sleeping bag) and I heard music. It seemed to be coming from the direction of our lower field, and it sounded so close that I actually walked down into the darkness to make sure there were no miscreants joking around out there. Nobody was there, and it became obvious that it was coming from farther away. What kind of music was it? It sounded like crappy easy-listening music to me, and I could picture in my head some guy with a mullet standing next to an old faux wood paneled station wagon, blasting AM radio into the uncomplaining darkness.

I checked again at 5:30, and the music was still happening. Who the heck plays that kind of music at that hour? Despite its distance, I was concerned that it might wake up the kids.

That reminds me. I've got to go wake up that kid again. He needs to be awakened twice each night. Poor guy.

No comments: