Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Gloomy Monday

The warm weekend whipped by. I filled it with boring, yet necessary, activities such as paying bills, grocery shopping, and feeding pets. Yesterday, I spent a bunch of time playing records and converting songs from vinyl to Mp3 in continuation of my lifelong, obsessive desire to compile favorite songs on to mix tapes. Of course, these days, mix tapes have been replaced by playlists. I cling to the past by burning CDrs from playlists and making my own packaging for them. One of these days, I'll upload some photos of the packaging.

Sometime between noon and 1:00 today, I woke to a cool breeze blowing through the open window. I could hear kids on a playground somewhere, which is funny because the nearest schools aren't really that close. Sometimes, when atmospheric conditions are right, sound really carries. Today, the sky is gray and the ground is wet. It's drizzling outside, which makes me happy, although I'd be happier with some good, honest rain.

When I go to work tonight, there will be three times as many kids as there were last week. This doesn't necessarily mean that I'll be working three times as hard though. Each group is different.

No comments: