Friday, July 28, 2006

Interesting. A trio of my photos have been used (with my permission) to accompany a short news piece on NowPublic.com. I'm flattered. It seems like an interesting site too - a "non-commercial public news service." I'll have to explore it further. Too bad our camera is ailing.

I slept over at work last night with the campers. During summer camp, half the staff spends the night on Thursday and goes home on Friday morning. The other half goes home Thursday night and works all day Friday. I think I prefer sleeping over. It's like getting paid for camping. Actually, it is getting paid for camping! Before going to sleep, the kids are treated to a barbeque, campfire program (songs, skits, raffle, etc.), a story (told by me this week), a night hike, and marshmallow roasting. I've got to admit that the raffle is my favorite part. Most of the prizes are items rescued from the darkest recesses of garages and the dustiest shelves of thrift stores. They are all uniformly hideous. Winners often have the most priceless expressions on their little faces.

Later, at bedtime, I lay on my back and watched meteors for awhile. It's finally cooling off at night again too - a welcome relief after the inferno-like temperatures earlier this week.

In the morning, I rushed home so Jen could go to the Blogher conference. Hope she's having a great time.

No comments: