Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Time seems to compress as we grow older. The days are often a blur, with no time to stop and reflect. I did manage to lay down for a moment today, but I fell asleep instead of reflecting on anything. I probably wasn't asleep for more than a moment or two, but this illustrates the point that I'm pretty damn tired most of the time. The way I usually stave this off is to keep busy, but I often find, like Jen does, that most of the time the work we're doing has little substance. We flail around trying to keep the house in some sort of order, but it always returns to chaos while we're not looking. Jen did manage to start a sewing project today, so I guess occasionally there is some substance to our endeavors. We also got the van back from the mechanic today, all nicely tuned up, but it still stalls if the air conditioner is on. Lemon. $550 more transferred beyond our reach. Earlier, I took my mom to drop off her old station wagon at the Pick N Pull in San Jose. We waited about 45 minutes in a little air-conditioned office while they inspected the car, which is a small amount of time to wait for the $1000 dollar check they gave her. I think I'll bring my car there some day. Earlier still, I led small children on a hike through the woods and tired them out. I noticed at one point that my legs were actually longer than most of them were tall. They managed to hike pretty far considering their shortness though. Tomorrow I think we'll stick closer to our meeting spot.

Currently listening to the ominous, yet relaxing throbbing of Nurse With Wound "Salt Marie Celeste".

No comments: