Monday, July 25, 2005


I came across a salamander I couldn't identify today. The larvae usually look different from the adults, so there's a slight possibility it's just the larval stage of something I could easily identify as an adult. Maybe even a California Newt, but I don't think so. It doesn't look like a California Newt larva to me. After I finish here, I think I'll go research it.

Oh, and the kids. There are a few kids from last week still at camp, and bunches of new ones. Most of the kids at this camp are old pros, having been involved for years. It makes things pretty easy on the instructors. Less explanation time needed. As for my group, I'm not sure what this week's dynamic will be like. There is definitely a contingent of smartass boys, who have picked names for themselves like "Roadkill" and "Beached Whale", but so far everything has run pretty smoothly.

Still too hot though. I'm probably going to say that every day until sometime in November.

No comments: