Monday, July 11, 2005



I got to spend a lot of time hanging out with Willow this weekend. We went on a nice walk around the block on Saturday night, just the two of us. There were a surprising amount of clouds for mid-July, and a bit of a breeze too. The moon is a tiny sliver at the moment, but Willow still recognized it for what it is. She babbled happily for the duration of the walk too, which is just too damn cute.
Yesterday, we went to the park and rode the little train for $1.50. We followed this up by playing on two different playgrounds and going down the slides way too often. Nice moments. Willow had a great time.

Today, I started in at the other summer camp, which is twice as long each day, half the work, and several dollers more per hour. It's on the site that I've been working at during the school year, but all of the routines are different, so I'm still getting used to it. A few of the parents recognized me as they dropped of their kids, due to the fact that just about every job I've had for the past 7 years has involved working with kids. I've taught and/or entertained thousands of kids during that time, so it's not too surprising that I get recognized on a regular basis. This week, I've got a group of 19 kids, all 7 and 8 year olds, plus 4 teen volunteers to help out. The volunteers could just about run things themselves at this point, I think, but of course they're really not that much older than some of the campers, so that's probably not a good idea.
In the afternoon, another instructor and I took a few kids down to the pond to scoop out duckweed, which grows so thickly across the surface that the water resembles a lawn. I took the pictures of the feather (Heron, I think) and the Bullfrog while we were down there.

It's supposed to get hotter later this week. I'm not looking forward to that. The nights are still cool for the moment, so I'll just enjoy it while I can.

Jen finally made it to the gym today too. The girls and I stayed home.

No comments: