Saturday, July 09, 2005




I went up to San Francisco last night to see Faun Fables at the Bottom of the Hill, with a quick detour to Aquarius to spend my tip money from yesterday. There was some nice fog drifting through the city as well, which was very welcome after all of the sunny South Bay weather we've been experiencing lately. At the venue, I found out that all of the advance tickets had sold out. Fortunately Dawn put me on the guest list, which was nice. The opening band, The Lonelyhearts, was quite good, consisting of a keyboard player and a guitarist who both sang as well. Delicate, with nice harmonies. Too bad the audience thought it was social hour and talked through the whole set. Faun Fables was excellent as usual, with M joining in on a handful of songs. Pretty short set though. The headliners, who were the major reason for the sold out show, were a Swedish band called Dungen. Strange that I hadn't heard them before. Very unlike me. Using borrowed equipment, they played a set of early 70's sounding psych rock, complete with tambourine and flute and catchy swedish melodies. It was good enough to keep me there till 1:30 in the morning, tired though I was. I overheard a couple of audience members, no doubt influence by the 70's vibe, have the following conversation:

Guy #1: Do you have a bong? I miss bongs.
Guy #2: I have a stainless steel bong!

There you have it. When I got home, Jen was still up sewing. Yesterday, I fixed the camera (sort of) by taking the batteries out and putting them back in. Low tech, I know, but it seemed to work. That means Jen can photograph her new sewing projects and that I was able to take pictures last night. The python picture is from the other day because he'd just shed and he was looking pretty. Enjoy.

Currently listening to Bohren & der Club of Gore "Sunset Mission" (finally reissued!)

No comments: