Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Jen just got back from securing us a new van. We're going to pay for it and pick it up on Monday. I'll let her fill you in on the details. I'm really glad that we're getting rid of the old one because it's an unreliable, stalling, lurching piece of shit.

It's still hot. A girl in my camp group fell and hit her head today. She's okay, but a boy in one of the other groups managed to break his finger. He's going to take a bit more mending. I've noticed that many of the kids show up each day unprepared for camp. Lot's of them are under the impression that they don't need water bottles for hikes. Come on kids, it's July.

There's little else to report. I'm falling into the summer camp routine and loving it. I'm doing one more week after this, and then possibly the last week of camp sometime in August. In between all of this I'm supposed to do some odd-job maintainance work around the camp. I practiced today by painting a small corner of the nature lab, which is being overhauled by the Leaders In Training (L.I.T.) kids, under the direction of a couple of my coworkers.

No comments: