Monday, January 10, 2005

It started raining midafternoon today, and has been doing so of and on ever since. The woods were still wet from previous rains, and the new batch of campers endured mud and trails transformed into streams. The medical/behavioral notes we get every Monday came up mostly blank for my group. No selective mutes or ADHD kids or seizures or strange allergies this week. The new guy, for his first week of teaching, got a kid with a bad limp who would lose a race with a slug and a kid prone to seizures (or was that one in somebody else's group...?).

I talked with the limping kid and he said he'd broken his ankle a while ago. He has no cast or brace, and isn't using crutches. It reminds me of when I messed up my foot last year and limped for three months or so. I'm an adult though. Somebody should be taking better care of this kid. Maybe it's a health coverage thing... we have an interesting mix of schools this week - 0ne from affluent Cupertino, and one from East San Jose, which is more of a low-income area. I wonder if this kid has parents who just can't afford to take him to a doctor.

At home, we're still cleaning and organizing, especially since the landlord is dropping by again tomorrow to inspect the squishy floor in the bathroom. Jen actually called him this time. We don't want anybody to fall through the floor, which has probably been softened by water (leaky toilet seal?) enough to pose a danger.

I got a new nightlight for the King Snake too. It'll help keep him warm.




What? You looking at Me? YOU LOOKING AT ME?

No comments: