Tuesday, November 09, 2004

We finished up day two of the ropes course without any rain falling on us. There were a good number of yellow Maple leaves drifting down from above, painting the ground with random patterns. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.

While marching around near the ropes course, I gathered some Madrone bark and a little bit of Yerba Buena to make tea with. At home, I stuck it all in a tea ball and inundated it with hot water. It tasted more like bark than Yerba Buena, due no doubt to the disproportionate amounts of my ingredients. Jen said it tasted like the woods smell. That's a good description - very "woody" in flavor. Very good, in an odd sort of way. Next time I'm going to add Douglas Fir needles and Bay Laurel leaves to round out the flavor. I kind of like the idea of gathering things from the woods and using them. I'm staying away from mushrooms for the time being though.

The landlord came by today and witnessed for himself that six of our lights don't work. A visit from an electrician has been promised. Lights at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: