Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, but less so than the guy I'm subbing for this week. The latest word is that he's not going to be in at all for the remainder of the week, which I guess is just as well because: (a) I need the money, and (b) I left a small Rattlesnake on his desk. It wouldn't do for him to get to work before me and reach into the wrong bag. Actually, it's in a cage, so in reality he probably wouldn't have any trouble. This all came about because the snake had been spotted by some kids outside one of the cabins, and I was the only person in the immediate vicinity who was willing to move it. I decided to hang on to it for a day or so in order to show more kids. Tomorrow I'm letting it go.

I also saw the biggest Pacific Giant Salamander that I've ever seen. It still had gills, so it wasn't even an adult yet, but it must have been nearly a foot long. I'd like to try to get a picture of it if it's still lurking around in the creek tomorrow.

Later, before the night hike, a bunch of us went down to an Ethiopian restaurant that I hadn't been to before. Very nice. I love Ethiopian food.

The night hike itself went okay, but most of the kids were too scared to hike far. Timid bunch. Oh well.

No comments: