Monday, November 15, 2004

I was going to spend the week observing the other instructors at work because I didn't get a lot of time to do that back before I started, but due to another instructor being ill, they needed me to teach instead, which is just fine because I get paid more that way. I'll have to observe when he's feeling better.

Willow has an ear infection, we think. Jen took her to have it looked at. Poor girl. She's been cranky and fussy today. I've got a bit of a cold myself, complete with runny nose and general achiness. These things are always worst in the evenings and early morning. During the day the symptoms recede. I did start to lose my voice after a couple hours of teaching this afternoon though.

M. and I had our first rehearsal in preparation for a couple of shows slated for next month. More to follow.

And finally, R.I.P. Jhonn Balance (1962-2004). I've pulled out some of my Coil cds and I'm again struck by how moribund most of their music is. Prescient maybe. His creative input into my life and the lives of many others will be missed. He did indeed leave his mark on the world before moving on, which is more than many people do. Very unfortunate.

No comments: