Thursday, November 11, 2004

I forgot to mention yesterday that the electrician came and fixed lots of lights, including some that haven't worked since before we moved in here. It's strange to see them working. The one over the mailbox mysteriously comes on all by itself at night so people can see the large, paintless rust patches on it. Time to paint the mailbox I guess. Or maybe we should just take it down. It's always full of catalogs and bills.

I worked at the museum today, forgetting that Veteran's Day is always horrendously busy. I'm going to work a few more shifts over the next month and a half and then quit, since I'm hardly ever there anyway. It's good to have it at the moment though, since we're still playing catch-up with bills and whatnot. The paychecks from the new job have an annoying habit of arriving on the tenth of the month, after all of the bills are long past due. Still much better than not having one at all. I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't gotten the job.

I'm not working anywhere tomorrow, but I'm poking my head in at both of the part time ones to sign up for a double time shift at one and return supplies and fix a possible paycheck snafu at the other. Life is busy. Not enough time lately to engage myself in creative endeavors.

No comments: