Monday, November 08, 2004

I'm not teaching science camp this week, unless one of the salaried teachers gets jury duty. Won't know for sure until the last minute. In the meantime, I'm keeping busy by helping out on the ropes course for a couple of days. Same pay. This time it's fifth graders. Pretty agile ones at that. Some of them could climb like spiders. We got half the class today, with the remainder coming tomorrow.

It's strange being up there at the school and not teaching the science campers. I'll be back doing it next week though.

At home, the cheap portable cd player in our room is on its way out. It usually takes many tries to get it to play a cd. Tonight I gave up and am actually playing a cd on the computer. I'm being dragged inexorably into the 21st century here. Next thing I know I'll be listening exclusively to Em Pee Threes or something. At least I still have a linen closet full of vinyl to save me from the soul sucking emptiness of the computer age. In the meantime I'm enjoying a cdr of the Ex-Girl show in San Francisco last May. Three loud Japanese women with an unusual fondness for frogs. Thanks to M., as usual, for recording it and making copies.

The electrical system in our home is getting quirkier. The landlord is coming to see for himself tomorrow, so we've been doing some cleaning so it doesn't look like four messy kids live here. Jen's been at it most of the day, and I've been at it most of the time since I came home. I'm playing hooky right now.

Okay, that's it for now. Willow just wandered in.

No comments: