Sunday, August 01, 2004

We stayed close to home today because, let's face it, the only time we can really get anything done is when the older kids are at their dad's house. We spent the whole day cleaning, typing, and running little errands. I feel more or less prepared for this week's camp, and more or less prepared to send my resume out into the hands of prospective employers. This month is going to be a little stressful, since I probably won't know towards the end of it whether or not I've gotten a new job. I feel sort of like I used to feel in college, with finals approaching. Hopefully, in a month or less, I'll be able to replace this feeling with the one that follows the end of finals - giddy relief.

The crickets are madly singing in the scorpion cage. Not all of the kids are asleep yet. Willow's teeth have been bugging her. I can hear her fussing in the other room. It's almost like everybody else is becoming nocturnal now that I'm finally on a diurnal schedule. Perhaps I should become strictly crepuscular. I like sunsets. It's the in between times that are the most interesting, because they lead to something new.



No comments: