Thursday, August 26, 2004

I saw a guy driving on the wrong side of the road on the way to work today. I think that he realized his mistake at the very moment I spotted him, because he came to a stop and started directing traffic, making little "after you" gestures with his hands, all the while studiously avoiding any eye contact. Drunk or just really confused? From the UK? Reckless performance artist? I'll never know.

At work, I discovered that a large rat had moved into one of the compost piles in the garden. It shot straight up into the air while I was hosing down the pile, vanishing into the large rosebush above. Try as I might, I couldn't find where it was hiding.

The weather was boring today - cloudless and warm. It's hard to be inspired about anything under these conditions. I need some fog, or clouds with the threat of rain. Maybe one of those freak storms where it rains fish.

No comments: