Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The Pacific Giant Salamander babies still populate the cold, mountain creek up at Sanborn Park. I took the campers on a hike today to visit them. Two of the campers are strong hikers. Most of the rest are not. They did think the salamanders were pretty cool, although at least one of the kids seemed to think that the Water Striders were cooler. Oh well. I try.

I got a couple of new tires today, and got the leak fixed. I also wrote a couple of cover letters, mailed the rent, and sent some money to a friend on the east coast (for spare tickets sold in Toronto in June), picked up the backyard, read some books to the boys... The boys needed some gentle book reading time because Lucky the rat finally succumbed to old age. At least I assume it was old age. The boys are pretty broken up about it. We'll bury her in the backyard tomorrow sometime.

Nate says my job makes me fart because I work for the Youth Science Insti-toot. The boy's a comedian.



No comments: