Thursday, August 19, 2004

There were a few wispy clouds punctuating the blue today, but not enough to make it much cooler. The air conditioner at work did the trick though.

It's strange only working one job - kind of like being on vacation. It's funny that while I'm enjoying not having to set my alarm clock, I'm looking forward to having to set it again. Actually, I will have to set it tonight because I'm working the morning shift tomorrow so that I can present another animal program for the church summer camp people. I'm really going to have to rush though, because I'm staying an extra hour at the museum so that my shift overlaps with the arrival of Gary Bogue, who wrote a book called The Raccoon Next Door - Getting Along With Urban Wildlife. I'll be on hand with my wildlife. Should be interesting.




Here's a drawing I did for my Wild Images camp last month. It's a Water Monitor skull, which illustrates why I don't let kids hold my Water Monitor. He's got a good sense of smell, and if you've been holding or eating something that he likes, he'll smell it and try to eat you.

No comments: