Wednesday, March 12, 2003

There was a light misting of rain on my windshield tonight, which was nice, but I hope it doesn't rain too much tomorrow because it looks like we get to bring Willow home. It can rain all it wants after she's firmly ensconced in our room, but it wouldn't do at all for her to get rained on between the hospital and here. We've got a crib set up for her next to our bed, and Jen's friend K. is giving us a bunkbed for the boys. We thought that this was so nice of her that we went out and bought her a Bearded Dragon to replace their household's recently deceased one. The store we bought it from packed it up in one of those little chinese food takeout boxes. Strange but true.
Earlier, we went to Costco to get bedding, and The Dickens had a gleeful time charging up and down the aisles, dodging carts and growling to herself. I don't think she would have had more fun if we'd taken her to an amusement park.

I had a funny moment today when I realized that somebody I'd been trading e-mails with was actually somebody I knew using an assumed name. I'm not allowed to say more.

Willow, your eyes are liquid blue pools, the depths of which I cannot fathom. In them there is a hint of the beyond. It will fade as you become more firmly anchored in this reality, but the sheer wonder you see around you does not have to fade with it. Hold onto your sense of wonder. Always.

cds I listened to while being misted by rain: Mecca Normal "Sitting On Snaps", "Jarred Up", and "The Eagle and the Poodle", Kristin Hersh "The Grotto", Subhumans "29:29 Split Vision" and "Unfinished Business", Ofra Haza "Fifty Gates of Wisdom", and Tongue "Faulty Parts"

now: Popol Vuh "Nosferatu"

No comments: