Friday, September 27, 2002

We're now licensed to be married. It only cost us $73. I hope they spend the money well. The haze outside was so thick this afternoon that the foothills were almost entirely obscured. That wouldn't be so bad if they weren't the in-walking-distance foothills. I hope they gain control of that fire soon. I had a dizzy spell coming home tonight too - probably from breathing the particulate-heavy air.

Animals spotted tonight: four egrets, all sleeping. A bunch of turtles. Okay, that's cheating - the turtles weren't out walking around. They were in a tank in the office space adjacent to ours. They were eating little cubes of krill, except for the one I was holding, who looked distressed that he was missing out on dinner time. I put him back quickly so he could join the feast.

cds I played a little more quietly so as not to wake the egrets: Death in June "The Guilty Have No Past", "Night and Fog", and "Oh How We Laughed", American Standard "s/t", and Xhol Caravan "Motherfuckers Live"

Now: Michael Nyman "The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover" soundtrack

No comments: