Wednesday, September 25, 2002

Outside, the moon shines brightly down through a patchwork of white clouds, illuminating them and the landscape below. Stars peek through the breaks in the cloud cover. The eastern horizon is still obscured by smoke.

The new snake ate today. He had been eating small hamsters at his old home, so I was somewhat amused when I was sold a baby hamster at the pet store. I had asked for mice, but for some reason there was a hamster in the mouse cage. I bought a baby mouse too. The snake ate them both. Now he's watching me type this. I hope he doesn't get used to hamsters because I never get them on purpose. The first hamster I ever fed to a snake was given to me for free by a pet store because they figured nobody would buy it due to the fact that it had a nasty compound fracture. One of its leg bones was sticking out, which caused it to make a clicking sound when it walked. The boa I fed it to didn't care. The last time I brought home a hamster it was because it only had one eye. I was going to feed it to my Mangrove snake, but one of my housemates at the time put a stop to that. She got me to buy a cage for it, and all of a sudden my free hamster ended up costing somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty dollars. I can't remember what she named it. I called it "Winky". It lived for a couple of years.

I got pulled over again tonight. That makes it three times since I've started keeping this journal.
"I saw you throw something out your window."
"I saw you see me throw something out my window."
"You understand my concern then?"
"Yeah."

Animals spotted tonight: One large opossum, three skunks, and one egret. Oh, and a bunch of killdeer who like to sleep in the road and fly away peeping angrily when I almost run them over.

cds I listened to while throwing things out my windows: Infernal Proteus disc 4, Elend "Weeping Nights", Death in June "Something is Coming", Tiny Tim "Songs of an Impotent Troubador"

now: Michael Nyman "A Zed and Two Naughts"

No comments: