Tuesday, September 17, 2002

It is starting to feel more and more like autumn. I can smell it in the air - a cool, smoky odor. The moon shone down icy bright tonight, fading to a baleful yellow as I headed homeward. I started the evening off by throwing a paper which knocked the plastic cover from a stairwell light, causing it to bounce down the stairs. I never stick around to see if anybody wakes up. That would be silly of me. People who get awakened by clattering on the outside landing are usually grouchy. At least it wasn't glass. Sometimes it takes the building maintenance people weeks to replace them. Every once in awhile I manage to take out the lightbulb too. That's noisy.
Later, I saw a really dedicated landscaping guy doing some midnight watering. He must have had some sort of self-contained water supply because I didn't see a hose. He acted furtively when he saw me, like he didn't want me to see his secret water supply. I'm sure that hedge benefitted from his attentions though.
The skunks were out in force as well. It seemed as if every other lawn had one. They like to root around in the grass for food. I had a sudden wish for a skeleton key so I could let them into the nearby office buildings. It sure would liven up the day for those poor diurnal drudges. It makes me wonder where all of those skunks go when the sun comes up. It's a pretty developed area. I suppose they occasionally give somebody a funny surprise.
I didn't drink a soda at one in the morning like I usually do. I've become so reliant on caffeine that I don't always know when I'm tired. The older I get, the more the idea of putting chemicals (like the kind found in diet soda) into my body bothers me. I'm not even sure if I even enjoy drinking the stuff. It's just a habit. Like a lot of the things I ingest, I take them for granted. Ramble ramble ramble.

cds I listened to while drinking water: Amber Asylum "The Supernatural Parlour Collection", Death In June presents Occidental Martyr, Townes Van Zandt "Live at the Old Quarter, Houston, Texas", Death In June "The Wall of Sacrifice", and v/a Death in June/Der Blutharsch/Forseti/Non cd that was given away at some show in Europe but since I wasn't at said show was purchased by me for too much money and I'm not sure if it was really worth it.

Currently smelling one of those autumn scented candles and listening to: Kayah/Bregovic

No comments: