Thursday, September 26, 2002

I was on my knees looking for dead bees, and I wasn't finding as many as I had expected to. The live bees were buzzing around my head, probably laughing inwardly at my efforts. The ground beneath the hive entrance used to be full of little bee corpses, due to the fact that bee funerals consist of unceremoniously dumping the deceased out the front door. I have a sneaking suspicion that they have switched their funeral arrangements and now fly the dead up to the inaccessible window ledge fifteen feet above the hive. I've seen countless dead bees outside that window, but cannot reach them. It's all Matt's fault. I'm not even sure what he wants the bees for. I left a cup in the cabinet with a sign on it: PLEASE DEPOSIT DEAD BEES IN CUP. Perhaps others will do my work for me.

The moon is bright, and the hills to the south are still burning. I hardly saw Jen at all today because we both had meetings to go to.

Animals spotted tonight: three skunks, and two egrets (fast asleep in trees)

cds listened to tonight: Strebers "Blod Svett & Tarar" (I don't know Swedish, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the title translates as "Blood, sweat, and tears" They even do a Nazareth cover. There's also a Nazareth cover on the cd Ryan gave me today. Thanks Ryan! One of the first records I ever bought was a Nazareth record. It had a skeletal demon holding a couple of straight-razors on the cover. I think that's why I bought it. My parents HATED it.), Elend "Les Tenebres du Dehors", Thomas Ligotti "This Degenerate Little Town", and Death in June "Kameradschaft"

now, sleepily: Townes Van Zandt "Texas Troubador" disc 3

No comments: