Monday, February 03, 2014

Two Minor Things

Occasionally, a thing or two sticks in the mind. I'm not talking about the big events here, but rather those little moments that come and go without any fanfare, but somehow manage to linger in the corners of consciousness for days afterward.

This week, one such thing was a glimpse of the setting moon. I can't remember whether I was coming or going, but I think I was with Willow at the time, maybe coming back from her play. The moon was huge and grinning, a thin, upward curved crescent with a bulbous head of earth-shine rounding it out. It was a little misty around the edges too, like it was trailing ectoplasm as it sank.

The other thing was Elmo. You know, the Sesame Street character. He was standing by the curb alongside a major thoroughfare, looking as if he was waiting for a ride, grinning like Elmos always do.

No comments: