Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Shortest Joyride In History

This morning started out with a bang, although Jeanine and I didn't hear it. Eva did though, and when I went out front, I noticed that an obnoxiously large pickup truck had collided with a tree across the street a couple of houses down. It was at an angle, almost as if it was thinking of trying to climb into the branches. I shook my head, got into my car, and went to work.

It wasn't until later that I found out that what I'd seen was the aftermath of an armed robbery, during which a knife-wielding man had jumped into the truck after menacing the owner. I guess it's a good thing his driving skills were about as good as his ability to make morally sound decisions, because he immediately crashed into a tree. Unfortunately, he survived the crash and got away on foot. He's still at large, possibly hanging out with the murderer from a few weeks ago and laughing at our inept police department.

No comments: