Thursday, February 20, 2014

Musical Notes, Plus More Chicken Stuff

The two nights I worked this week rank among the easiest I've ever worked. Once the kids went to bed, I had not one single visitor, with the exception of a pair of boys who stopped by at 6:00 AM on the first night to let me know that there were no paper towels in one of the bathrooms.

Tonight, I'm playing hookey and we're going to Santa Cruz to see Marissa Nadler. Here's what I had to say about the last time I saw her.

Speaking of musicians, these days it seems like more and more independent artists are going the Kickstarter route to fund upcoming albums and tours. I'm a big supporter of this sort of crowd funding, mostly because it means that more good music will reach my ears and more good musicians will continue to be able to continue doing what they love. Here's one that blipped my radar today. One of the other good things about this sort of thing is that by the time the finished product arrives in the mailbox, enough time has passed that it's almost like getting free music, which is much better than actually getting free music because this way you're not a shiftless freeloader pirate who steals songs via dodgy internet sources.

Next week, I'm back in the field.

Out the window, I can see one of the chickens taking a dirt bath in one of the garden beds, next to the leafless kale plant. The chickens are very diligent about making sure it never grows leaves.

Here's a pair of photos from a few days ago:


No comments: