Saturday, June 03, 2006

Somebody in the neighborhood owns a rooster. I just heard it again. I think the poor thing must be from a different time zone though, because it's crowing after 10 pm.

We survived our visit to the Cheeze Hole today. Willow still adamantly refuses to go anywhere near the side of the establishment where the Big Rat hangs out. She elected instead to go on every single one of the mechanical mirasma rides in the toddler area - you know, the ones that rock unsuspecting toddlers back and forth and resemble airplanes or vehicles operated by popular (hardly ever synonymous with "high quality") children's TV characters. Sophie got some loot and later, a stomach ache. I think we're safe from the Cheeze Hole for awhile now.

On Friday, I dug a big hole alongside one of the trails at work. There is probably a young Redwood tree in it now, ceremonially planted to honor a teacher with close connections to our school. I couldn't say for sure though, since I was at the Cheeze Hole today. I do remember that while I was digging the hole, I was thinking about how I was taking part in something that might still be around over two thousand years from now. Redwoods can live a long time. Of course, a lot of other things can happen in two thousand years... We'll just have to wait and see.

That said, we mustn't forget that everything we do has repercussions.

No comments: