Sunday, June 11, 2006

Jen's been gone since Thursday afternoon, visiting family in Texas. Luckily, my work schedule is flexible this time of year, since outdoor school has ended and summer camp is yet to begin. Willow and I have been hanging out together, and she has been really sweet. She misses her mom, but hasn't made a big issue out of it. The bigger kids have been back and forth between here and their dad's place. Thursday, after Jen left, I went down and re-took the test for the permanent position (same job + benefits and guaranteed work every week) at work. It's kind of funny having to take a test for a job I already have. Gotta get benefits though. Pretty much all of my non-permanent coworkers were also there to take the test, much to the dismay of the one applicant who didn't already work with us. Thankfully, Jen's sister Cate came and watched three of the kids while I was doing this, while Sophie went home with a friend after her last day of preschool.

Alex had a recorder concert Friday morning at school. He and his classmates went through a handful of songs a couple of times (the second time to accomodate late parents) and, wonder of wonders, the girls actually sat through it without too much protest. Of course, I promised them they could play on the playground later if they were quiet.

Okay, Sophie is trying to drag me away from the computer for some reason now. It seems the girls are arguing...

Back again - the older kids have gone to their dad's again. Nate took the new Godzilla movie with him. Willow just came into the room to show me a freshly created playdough snake.

No comments: