Sunday, March 26, 2006

See-Saw Guffaw


See-Saw Guffaw
Originally uploaded by Corbie.
We all went to Woolfcamp 2 (a somewhat informal blog-writing workshop) on Saturday, in a beautiful house at the end of a winding road in the foothills somewhere up the peninsula. I mostly ran after the kids on the deck or down around the impressive play structure in the yard, while upstairs discussions were had and laptops were abused. Every so often I'd peek my head in to see what was going on and to eat some more of the good cheese off the tray on the counter.
I really liked all of the people I met, but due to my attention being split between the girls, didn't engage in many conversations. A few of us did manage to get out for a walk on a nice little trail that tried its best to mimic the nearby creek. Willow, in due course, became quite muddy and giggly.
She liked the see-saw too, as you can see.
I must say it's nice to meet some of the people who lurk on the far sides of distant computers. There is some great creative energy out there.
At some point I mentioned that I was in danger of losing my luddite credentials, but had an almost simultaneous realization that I have, or take part in, multiple websites. I guess I'm really not a luddite any more. It's so easy to have websites now though. Oh, and not to mention, free.

Today, with no social engagements on our schedule, we dealt with things around the house. Jen feels sick. Hopefully not for long.

No comments: