Friday, November 18, 2005


I've been slacking off on blogging lately. I've always been of two minds about technology. On one hand, it can make life easier, but on the other hand, it can suck away time and meaning from life. The computer does both. I find that I use the computer to unwind after work, which is not a far cry from using the TV to unwind - something that I've always managed to avoid doing, if only because for most of my life I haven't had a TV (we have one now, but don't have cable, so it doesn't really count - besides, with the kids around, my only option would be to unwind to whatever they're watching, and their shows are more likely to have an effect opposite to the one I desire).

Anyway, I' ve been occupied with trying to figure out how much work I'll have next month. I found out today that I'll have at least one more week than I thought I'd have, but that still leaves several other weeks in question. I'm not sure if I'll be working next week. Right now I'm an alternate, ready to fill in if either of the two field instructors scheduled to work gets sick. Or maybe I should say, "stays sick," since at the moment they're both feeling poorly.

Started my holiday shopping today too.

Winter, which peeked in the door last week, has turned around and walked back up the street. It has been warm during the day, but pretty cold at night. Good weather for sleeping in and lounging around in slippers.

Nurse With Wound's "Salt Marie Celeste" has been living in the cd player for the past few nights. Comforting somehow.

Spot the hawk in the photo above. It is perching on the power line. I'm pretty sure it's a Cooper's Hawk waiting for something small to make a mistake.

No comments: