Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I finally worked an astronomy night program that finished more or less on time! That said, I ended up leaving late anyway because the teachers found a large spider in their room and left it with the hub host (the person in charge of the day to day running of the camp) for identification. She couldn't immediately identify it, so she sent me out to find the teachers to let them know what it was. It turned out to be a small tarantula, so I went over to the nearest teachers with it to tell them.

Wrong teachers.

These particular teachers had no previous knowledge of the spider, and were quite unthrilled to learn that tarantulas roamed unsupervised through their rooms. I imagine them sleeping in their cars tonight. I finally located the right teacher, and she was much more calm about the news. Then I let the little critter go at the edge of the front lawn. It scuttled off into the darkness. I scuttled off to my car and came home.

No comments: