Tuesday, November 29, 2005


I survived two Thanksgiving dinners last week - the first at Jen's mom's house, and the second at my mom's house. I was so stuffed after the first one that once home I crawled onto the couch and just lay there for an hour or two. After the second one, we all migrated to our house and we watched some of the documentary, an epic mini-series on South Africa, that G is editing. Very interesting. Maybe someday it will be finished. Lots of dessert and coffee was consumed as well. So much consumption going on - I think this maybe one of the only countries in the world where people regularly overeat and complain about it afterwards. It makes me feel a little guilty. I'll shut up about it now.

On Sunday, I worked my first shift at the Christmas tree lot. I think we sold 32 or 33 trees while I was working. Not much to it really - mainly a customer service position. I did get to use the chainsaw though, and there's a tip jar!

I'm currently working what may well be my last week of outdoor school for the season. It has been gently raining for the last couple of days, with some nice fog descending over the school during the astronomy program tonight. These are a smart bunch of kids we have this week. After the powerpoint presentation on astronomy, one of the girls started asking questions about particle physics. It ended up being one of the longest question and answer sessions I've seen at this program, which is good because it means they're interested. That said, we went over time by about 40 minutes. Our rainy day timing needs tweaking.

Of course, maybe if I wasn't wasting time wandering around and photographing Raccoons we'd get done earlier.

No comments: