Monday, February 28, 2005

This week, like last week, started off with mostly blue skies. Once again, I'm remembering twenty plus names as a new week of camp gets underway. My field group contains the usual assortment of personality types - smart kids, quiet kids, excited kids, and everything else in between. There is one little girl who has arthritis in her hips and knees and has trouble walking. She doesn't complain though. It's interesting that the kids who have the biggest obstacles to overcome are almost always the most mature. Not too surprising though. True maturity is often gained at a price.

I worked the evening program tonight with a co-worker who is sick with the same bug that I had the week before last. I'm glad it's the same one because that means I won't catch it. That said, my throat feels a little scratchy today. This could be due to allergies though, because otherwise I feel fine.

Oh, I believe I forgot to mention Willow's birthday party. We had most of her nearby relatives over for a wonderful chocolate cake, blondies (like brownies, except blonde so they matched Willow's hair), and butterscotch cookie bars, all baked by Jen. Willow opened her presents with glee and then threw them at us. She seemed happiest about the rubber ducks, but has been playing with the other stuff too. Her loot included lots of nice clothes for her to wear as well.

I'm still reeling with wonder at the fact that she's two already. The next time I turn around she'll be a teenager. I want this stage to last longer. She's just too damn cute. She now says "you're welcome" when you thank her for something. How very polite.

No comments: