Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I went back to work today. It was warmer and sunnier than it was supposed to be, which is okay. Kind of nice, actually. I love the rain, but I love the times in between rain as well. There's still a lot of fungus growth and amphibian activity inspired by recent rains. The ground has soaked up a lot of water this season. We're still not allowed to go down one trail due to it being in an active slide area, where a couple of decades ago a big chunk of mountainside came down, wiping out a section of trail and tons of trees. It wouldn't be good if something like that happened while we were hiking by.

One of the kids this week insists on being called Guano. Nothing I can really add to that.

In a few days, Willow turns two! There will be cake and presents and celebrating.

I'm pretty tired, probably the aftereffect of being ill. I'll sleep soon.

No comments: