Sunday, February 27, 2005

A storm of uncertain duration is moving through the area at the moment. The forecast in the paper calls for rain for the next several days at least. It's sure to be a wet and muddy week at work.

At the moment I'm itching from the first case of Poison Oak I've had in 20 years or so. Hopefully I won't transfer it to Jen or the kids. I'm not even sure when I got it. Must have touched a plant without knowing it. Since they're deciduous, it's a little harder to spot them during the winter months.

I did one party this weekend, and managed to get rear ended on the way there. I was stopped at a light, as was the person behind me, when some dunderhead in an SUV (of course) failed to see that we were stopped and hit the person behind me with enough force to cause her car to hit mine. There was no damage to my car (well, the rearview mirror fell of, but it falls off if you look at it funny), but the other two vehicles were banged up a bit. We all exchanged information and then I rushed off to the party to find out that they already knew I'd be late because a party guest had passed the scene and witnessed me standing there in my official party labcoat. So no harm done (to me, anyway). I got a 25 dollar tip too.

Last night, M and I went up to Berkeley to see Enemy Combatant, the new Central Works play. This time the inspiration comes from John Walker Lindh and the atrocities at Abu Gharaib (sp?). Very nicely acted, with wonderful sound design by G. Playing at the Berkeley City Club through march 26 (thurs - sun).

Okay, time to go wrangle children.

No comments: