Tuesday, December 07, 2004

We've done our last rehearsal before heading off to the Pacific Northwest for a couple of shows. It apparently takes 23 hours to get to Seattle by train. Once there, we're playing at a record store called Electric Heavyland. Then we're popping down to Portland to play the Beta Lactam Ring Records event at the Douglas Fir Lounge. That's the plan anyway. Afterwards, I'm taking a quick plane flight back home so I can fulfill my lifelong ambition to be a janitor for a week.

Last night the wind howled and spat bits of tree and shrub all over our yard. It spat bigger bits of tree into the neighbors' yard. I drove G. back up to Berkeley in the rain and wind, stopping by to drop off stuff and pick up a paycheck on the way. In Berkeley, we discovered that the new issue of the UK music magazine, The Wire, has our pictures in it. This is because it has an article on irr.app.(ext.), which we knew about in advance. It's always cool to see yourself in a magazine though. I think the last time that happened to me was close to twenty years ago in Maximum RocknRoll - as an audience member.

In addition to this, I sold a bunch of cds and for the first time refrained from taking the profit in trade.

We're slowly but surely figuring out our finances for the holiday season. I managed to pay some bills today, which made me feel a bit better. Jen bought some stuff online for the kids, which will make them happy later this month. Still lots of stress though. It makes me wistful for those childhood Decembers when the blissful anticipation of loot eclipsed all else. Oh to be young and greedy again. With that in mind, we'll make sure the young ones have a good holiday season so that when they grow up they in turn can be wistful.

No comments: