Sunday, December 05, 2004

I now have tickets for the upcoming trip to the northwest. We've rehearsed some more for the shows. I got my driver's licence renewed. I did another reptile/bug party. The art exhibit at 21 Grand opened. I'm a year older... The list goes on.

The woman who helped my renew my licence talked in a whispery squeak, making it very hard to understand her. She was also the most observant DMV employee and was the only one to notice when people taking written driving tests were talking on their cell phones. She had to gesture to other nearby employees to go out and bust them. It was kind of fun to watch, actually. If you're caught talking on the phone while taking a test you have to start the test over again. People sputtered in disbelief when confronted with this fact. One woman loudly compared the DMV to nazi Germany - all because she wasn't allowed to cheat on her test. People are funny.

The reception for the art show went pretty well. People were complimentary and there was pizza.


No comments: