Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I worked at the museum today and it was actually pretty busy. This must mean that some people have finished their Christmas shopping. The line of cars approaching the off ramp leading to the nearest mall was still there though. It's kind of sickening really, this strange herd mentality, this lemming-like rush to consume. Sure, the purchases are gifts, but something is missing... And yes, we've purchased gifts for people this season too, but mostly for the kids, and definitely not at the mall. Malls are sort of like baited leg-hold traps to snare the working class so that their wallets can be safely removed. I could get into a rant about the true meaning of Christmas here, but I'm not a christian, so I won't. Oh wait, I forgot, in this country all of the holidays have the same meaning - $$$$$$$.

I think the pagan observation of the solstice is much more important and meaningful, much more connected to natural cycles. Happy Solstice!

It wasn't too happy a Solstice for Willow, who fell off a chair while attempting to clamber onto the table. She's okay now, but Jen was worried enough to call me at work after it happened. She fell hard enough to bloody the inside of her lip pretty severely, so I came home early so Jen could take her to urgent care to get it looked at. Fortunately, she checked out okay. Her lip is still puffy and red though.

I tattled to the landlord about the tree trimmers today too. That felt good.

No comments: